Liquidation and the Attempts of Reopening of the Congregations
of the Estonian Eparchy during the Governance of Nikita Hruschtschov
by the Rev. Deacon ANDREI SYCHOV of the Orthodox Church of
1. Introduction and the Sources
aim of the current paper is to research the causes and backgrounds
of the „liquidation-boom” of the congregations in Estonian Orthodox
Eparchy in 1954–1964 and to find answers for the following 4
1. What where the reasons and factors, that motivated the closure
of the orthodox churches in these times with the result of Estonian
Eparchy loosing 25 congregations, 3 cemetery-churches, 3 subordinated
congregations and one priory?
2. If the liquidation of the congregations was a result of their
natural decay or of the stiffening of the religion policy of
the Soviet Government?
3. How did the liquidation of the congregations of the Estonian
Eparchy take place (pleas, methods, scenarios)?
4. If there were attempts of the reopening and reestablishment
of the orthodox churches and chapels in occupied Estonia at
the period of the “thaw” during the governance of Hruschtschov?
main issue of the paper is, if the liquidation of 31 churches
of the Estonian Eparchy in 1954-1964 was the result of a natural
decay or a systematic action initiated by the Soviet Government.
primary sources for the research were the archive-materials,
foremost the fund of the commissioner of the Council of the
Russian Orthodox Church (CROC) in Estonian SSR, to be found
in the Estonian National Archive and the materials of the CROC
in the National Archive of the Russian Federation. The advantage
of the archive materials is their accuracy in facts but the
disadvantage is their tendentious character. Concerning the
periodicals of Soviet Estonia of those times - they do not give
any notice about the liquidation of the orthodox churches and
congregations. This counts also for the Soviet church-periodicals
(journal Журнал Московской Патриархии). Only a few hints about
these issues are revealed in foreign Estonian Media. Still there
are some foreign researches and scientific articles on the liquidation
of the congregations.
standpoints of the Russian church historians about the argumentation
of the liquidation of the congregations in the USSR differ.
For example: the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, Aleksius,
like the commissioners of that time, represents in his doctoral
thesis the idea, that the reason for the closure of 20 congregations
and 3 cemetery churches during the first four years of governance
of the Bishop Aleksius in 1961–1964, was the change of the generations
or the general estrangement from faith and religion.
the same time there are scientists who have come to other conclusions.
For instance the article of I. Suvorova from 1993 about Latvian
Eparchy shows that during the governance of N. Hruschtschov
the orthodox congregations in Latvia were eliminated at the
Governments command. This viewpoint is shared by L. Soskovets,
who in his research concentrates on the Eparchies in West-Siberia
and who shows in his thesis that the scenario of the natural
decay of the congregations was a typical argumentation for the
soviet commissioners. The administrative pressure by closing
the congregations is shown also in the scientific work of A.
Fedotov. T. Tšumatšenko points to the fact that the mass-liquidation
of the congregations began first in 1960, as a result of which
in 1960–1964 the CROC eliminated 5457 congregations.
The Three-Month „Drum Fire” at the Faith in 1954 and its Echo
in the Estonian Orthodox Eparchy
the death of J. Stalin, N. Hruschtschov and his team cast off
the former state-church relationship and proceed similarly to
the church-hostile mindset of the 1930-ties with violent liquidation
of the congregations, destruction of sacred sources and with
the satirizing of the believers in the Press. The whole process
is supported by the decree „on the enormous deficiency in scientific-atheistic
propaganda and the measures of improving it” constituted by
the Central Committee of the Central Party of the Soviet Union
(CPSU)on the 7th of July in 1954.
is a reason to assume that the anti-religious attitude of the
local executive committees in Estonia was directly related to
the decree from the 7th of July 1954, followed by the “drum
fire” at the religion.
of this new campaign revealed themselves on the local level
in Estonia foremost in Tallinn, where the municipal department
of the executive committee tried to liquidate the orthodox congregation
of Sitsi. Due to the new decree from 10th of November 1954,
which annulated the former decree and condemned the anti-religious
attitude and the contempt of religious people. Still the request
of the Estonian speaking orthodox believers to open a new congregation
in the village of Meerpalu, was rejected.
to the church historian Tamara Tšumatšenko, there were two auspicious
factors for this unique “breathing space” and for loosening
of the soviet religion policy: firstly, the decision of the
Stalinists (G. Malenkov, N. Bulagin, V Molotov) being in power
to preserve the mild religion policy, characteristic to the
“concordat” between the state and the church in the times of
Stalin. Secondly, the complexity of the problems of the internal
and foreign policy in the USSR.
The Attempts of the Reopening of the Congregations in Estonian
Eparchy during the Period of the „Thaw” in 1955–59 (Tiirimetsa,
Mõnnuste, Malvaste, Agusalu)
years 1955–1957 in the history of the Russian Orthodox Church
can be characterized in the context of the religion policy of
the USSR as the mildest ones since 1918. Several changes took
place in the church during these years, which corresponded to
the period of the „thaw” and were marked by a more liberal church
policy and a lack of interest from the side of the government.
Many clerics who had been imprisoned or had been in exile returned
to their service in the church. Further, there was a possibility
to open new congregations, to repair the church buildings or
to build even new ones. In addition, the Government for the
first time gave the ROC the allowance to print the Bible, New
Testament with the Psalter and the prayer book (a 25.000). All
this enlivened the religious life and activity of the church
membership. This applies also for the congregations in Estonia.
The number of the congregations grew gradually both in the USSR
and in the Estonian SSR (in 1955 there were 13 422 orthodox
congregations registered in the USSR. In 1957 the official number
of orthodox congregations was already 13477).
these years there were several attempts in the Estonian SSR
also to reopen some congregations. Most active in this field
was the Saare-Hiiu deanery, where the Mõnnuste congregation
was closed in 1950 due to the external circumstances. Though
the believers had found even a new potential place for the congregation,
they did not get the allowance from the commissioner to reopen
should also mention the two orthodox congregations in Sõrve
- Torgu and Tiirimetsa – where the churches were closed during
the World War II, when one of the churches was completely destroyed
and the other one damaged. In 1956–1959 the congregation wanted
to restore the last one. The background survey, ordered by the
commissioner, showed that the actual congregation membership
had decreased to 14 members and consisted mostly of older people.
In addition the church building was in a very bad condition.
As a result of the lack of the financial sources, of the stiffening
of the soviet religion policy and of the unwillingness of the
commissioner and the bishop Joann to support this initiative,
the reopening of the church failured. Similarly also the attempt
to reopen Malvaste cemetery chapel of the Kõrgesaare-Puski congregation
in Hiiumaa failured, in the case of which again as well the
commissioner as the bishop were not interested in the reopening.
This hold true also for the Agusalu chapel in Viru county, which
the congregation tried to reopen as a priory to the Kuremäe
there were some examples how the Eparchy supported the enlivening
of the orthodox religion (Rõngu-Tilga congregation), the attempts
to reopen the churches failed.
The Closure of the Kastolatsi, Prangli-Maaritsa and Kullamaa-Silla
Congregations in 1957-58
the end of the year 1957 the Central Party of the Soviet Union
(CPSU) took a grown interest in the religion policy, partly
because of the enlivenment of the religious life in 1955-1957,
as reflected in several reports of the CROC. Central Committee
of the CPSU was also interested in the economical and financial
activity of the congregations. In this context the Committee
decided in March 1957 to carry out a statistical revisal of
the congregations and the clerics. The inspection was especially
focused upon the congregations that “decayed” and upon their
closure. This applied also to the three congregations mentioned
in the caption.
liquidation of the Kastolatsi congregation was on the agenda
already in the beginning of the 1950-ties as the congregation
had no council. The arguments for the closure were also the
lack of the membership and of the permanent clerk and so the
congregation was shut down in 1957 and the church building became
a property of the local kolkhoz. The same happened to the Prangli-Maaritsa
congregation located not far from Kastolatsi.
scenario of the liquidation of the Kullamaa-Silla congregation
differs a little from the incidents mentioned above. In this
case the initiative for the closure came not from the commissioner
but from the church council of the congregation and from Bishop
Roman (Tang) because the congregation was unable to pay the
to all three cases is that the closure of those congregations
was not involuntary. It is important to note, that firstly the
closure of the churches in general was relatively rare at the
apex of the „thaw” and secondly, that in the mentioned congregations
the initiative for their liquidation came rather from inside
the church itself. Therefore, like the commissioner P. Kapitonov
in his times said: the liquidation in these congregations took
place without any misunderstandings and succeeded peacefully.
First Signs of the „Liquidation-Boom” of the Congregations:
the Closure of Two Chapels (Abruka and Reo-Tsolgu) and Two Congregations
(Mustvee Trinity and Suislepa) in 1959–60
1. The Liquidation of the Orthodox Chapels of Abruka and Reo-Tsolgu
the beginning of the governance of N. Hruschtschov the soviet
religion policy changed cardinally. In 1959 the CROC revealed
the instruction not to reopen any congregations from now on.
In addition the liquidation policy became more rigid and the
commissioners got more freedom in closing the churches without
the need to consider the opinion of church members.
In the context of the Estonian SSR this meant first the liquidation
of the smaller chapels. To this group belonged also the famous
chapel on the island Abruka, built in 1887, depreciated in 1950-ties
due to the ignorant attitude of the local believers towards
it and given to the holding of the local kolkhoz already in
1956. Similar pattern can be seen also by the Reo-Tsolgu chapel
in Võru county.
2. The Liquidation of the Mustvee Trinity Congregation of the
co-religionists and the Suislepa Congregation in 1960
first congregation of the Estonian Eparchy, which was closed
partly because of the governmental pressure, was the Mustvee
Trinitarian congregation of the co-religionists. Hereby it would
be reasonable to elucidate the concept of the co-religionists.
The congregation of the co-religionists consisted of all those
Old Believers, who accepted the clergy and the sacraments of
the Orthodox Church, preserving thereby their own old traditions
and customs. The first church of the co-religionists in Livonia
was inaugurated in Mustvee in 1849. It was the only church in
Estonia, which united all the co-religionists Old Believers
in the region of Peipsi. By the 1950-ties the membership of
the congregation had decreased to such a small number that it
was unable for the congregation to pay the taxes, as a result
of which it was incorporated as a subordinated congregation
into the Nikolai congregation in Mustvee in 1955, though the
official reregistration of the subordinated church took first
place in 1959. But already in the next year, in 1960, the local
executive committee under the secret guidance of the commissioner
P. Kapitonov requested the building of the church for the local
kolkhoz. The request was satisfied in 1961, when the church
building and the church bells were illegally dispossessed. It
emerged that there was no actual need for the buildings and
they were to be destroyed. Fortunately this did not happen and
the building was later given for the use to the local Baptist
church members did not agree with the situation without a protest.
There was for example a letter signed by 42 believers addressed
to the Supreme Soviet of the Estonian SSR and to the Commissioner
of the CROC in Estonia, in which the congregation members demanded
their church back and claimed the congregation priest for the
state of the church. Apt to the situation back then, the protest
did naturally not gain any attention from the side of the rulers.
the case of the closure of the Suislepa congregation reveals
the same traits, which could be seen in the Mustevee case, described
above. Here too, these were the local representatives of the
Soviet government, who stood behind the liquidation of the congregation.
Though the bishop planned to close the Suislepa congregation
because of the decreased membership and the poor condition of
the church building, already in 1957, the board of the congregation
requested a delay to restore the building with the help of donations
and to appoint a new clerk. Though the bishop did not support
the restoration, he did appoint a new clerk, priest Vladimir
Kesküla in 1957. The activity of Kesküla and his successors
was very successful – the congregation enlivened, the new board
and revision-commission were elected and also the bishop’s opinion
about the congregation improved as seen in his brief to the
commissioner on 25th of March 1961, where he supports the ongoing
activity of the congregation. But only few months later the
situation changed radically. Motivated by the propaganda against
the religion the local district’s executive committee began
with the attempts to close the Suislepa congregation. The committee
achieved its goal, as the one-twentieth (15) of the congregation
members address a statement to the commissioner, where they
announce their resignation and admit their inability to restore
and finance the church. The commissioner could draw up the liquidation
of the congregation in 1961 by giving the cause that it was
the free will of the congregation.
liquidation-scenarios here illustrate expressively the methods
of the local rulers to close the smaller congregations – it
was grounded either with the need for the space (Mustvee) or
with the lack of the perspective of the congregation (Suislepa).
The cooperation of the commissioner and the local executive
committees is obvious. Similar to both incidents is that the
believers showed some opposition to the plans of the rulers,
though in vain.
3. The Liquidation of the Kuremäe Priory in Tallinn in 1960–1961
the 16th of October 1958 the Council of Ministers of the USSR
passed a decree on “the Retroactive Taxation of the Businesses
of the Administration of the Eparchy and the Monastery Incomes.”
One part of it, the decree on “the Monasteries of the USSR”
prescribed to the local administrations to reduce the number
of the monasteries almost twice. The organs of power were ordered:
1. to secularize most of the lands that belonged to the monasteries;
2. to reduce the number of monks by establishing an age restriction,
no one under the age of 30 could become a member of a monastery;
3. to forbid the use of hired workers. The financial support
of the monasteries and hermitages from the central fund of the
Church was forbidden.
priory of the Kuremäe cloister in Tallinn became the cloister
to be eliminated in Estonian USSR. The decision to close the
priory came at the end of the year 1959 on the grounds that
the priory building was to be demolished accordingly to the
replanning of the corresponding city district. The demolition
took place in 1960. It was followed by the request of the commissioner
Kapitonov to the Moscow to close the priory, referring, that
the sisterhood was already in 1959 translocated to the Kuremäe
cloister and the regular service was thereby stopped. The CROC
gave its „posthumous” approval to close the priory and demolish
the building first in 1960.
was also an attempt to avert the closure – the believers who
had visited the services in the priory church attempted vainly
to reregister the church as a congregation. The request was
rejected with the explanation that there were already 8 orthodox
churches in Tallinn.
6. The Mass-Liquidation of the
Churches of the Estonian Eparchy in 1962–64
intensifying undertaking of rebuilding the communism in the
beginning of the 1960-ties had its reflections also in the religion
policy, which was characterized by the intolerance towards the
religion. According to the main ideologist of Hruschtschov it
was not allowed for the religion to exist in the soviet society.
The only acceptable ideology was the ruling one – the faith
in the postulates of the communistic party. This was the beginning
of a new era in the state-church relationship. Everything, concerning
the religious legislation that had been elaborated and tried
out in 1958–1960, gained now juridical form. On the 16th of
March 1961 the Council of Ministers of the USSR passed a decree
entitled “On Strengthening of the Control over Fulfillment of
the Legislation on Religious Affairs,” which affected directly
also the ROC. Firstly because on the same day the CROC and the
UN passed an instruction on how to apply the legislation on
the religious affairs – this settled the action boundaries of
the religious associations of the USSR.
in that in the same year the patriarch Aleksius called together
the Synod, where an important change was made in concern of
the Statute of the church. In accordance with the new statute
clergymen were not allowed to participate in the economical
activity of the congregation and they became “hired workers”
of the congregation, who could be in the duties only as a “servants
of the religious affairs”.
the whole role of the CROC changed totally. From now on its
aim was to observe and to control the activities of the church,
to promote the atheistic propaganda and to reduce the influence
of the religion among the people. One step on this way was also
to decrease the number of the congregations. To enable all this,
a cleanup among the direction of the CROC was carried through
in 1960. Related to this also the local commissioners were replaced.
This applied as well to the commissioner Kapitonov in the Estonian
SSR, whose successor Jaan Kanter represented much stiffer position
in the question of the liquidation of the congregations.
in 1961 under the instruction of the CROC a registration of
the properties of all the orthodox churches in the USSR had
been begun. In my opinion the aim of this action was to use
the information later to ascertain weaker congregations in order
to eliminate them later on and to expropriate their properties.
1. The Liquidation of 10 Congregations and 4 Subordinated Churches
1961 the commissioner Kanter presented to Moscow a list of 14
congregations to be closed. Most of them were apostolic-orthodox
churches in West-Estonia. (Sindi, Pootsi-Kõpu, Tahkuranna, Tõhela-Murro,
Tori, Kastna, Kihnu, Reomäe, Levala, Lümanda, Metsküla, Pärsamaa),
only two congregations on the list were from other regions (Kolga-Jaani
and Saduküla). Not all of those congregations were in poor condition
as one would assume.
attracts attention, that in the argumentation of J. Kanter in
the matter of the liquidation of the orthodox congregations
and subordinated churches in 1962-1963, dominates the assertion
that it was caused by the „autonomous shut-down of the congregations.”
The fact, that this explanation was a pattern covering other
reasons, is revealed in the writings of the orthodox clerics.
It is especially clear in the cases of the congregations of
Sindi and Elva and the Siimeon congregation in Tallinn.
the liquidation did not affect only the congregations on the
list. The orthodox churches also in other places in Estonian
SSR were closed – for example the Aleksander church and the
Holy Spirit cemetery chapel of the Church of the Nativity of
the Mother of God in Tartu and the congregations in Lihula and
closure of the congregations had a further aspect – the local
rulers gave dispossessed and plundered church buildings a new
function. They were used for several purposes in kolkhozes –
as warehouse, firemen depot, gym, board school or living space.
Cemetery churches were used as watchman’s huts and their dwelling
summarize – on the initiative of the new commissioner a mass-closure
of the congregations took place, as a result of which 10 congregations
(Haanja-Plaani, Kaika, Mäemõisa, Tori, Sindi, Elva, Tänasilma,
Aleksandri in Tartu, Lihula, Siimeoni in Tallinn) and 4 subordinated
churches (Aleksandri in Haapsalu, Church of the Holy Spirit
in Tartu and the cemetery chapels in Võru and Lohusuu) were
shut down in Estonian Eparchy in 1962. The liquidation of the
churches en masse in 1962 caused tensions and panic among the
clerics and believers of the Orthodox Church.
1963 only one church – the apostolic-orthodox church in Juuru
– was closed. There can be several explanations for this. First,
the timetable of the new commissioner was intense – in addition
to the liquidation of the congregations, he had also to welcome
nine delegations from foreign churches in the Estonian Eparchy.
Second, in 1963 the commissioner concentrated rather on the
carrying-through of the stiffer soviet tax policy, the result
of which were the revaluation of the church buildings and the
abrupt increase of the insurance tax for three congregations.
back to the incidents in 1962. Though the commissioner referred
in his report to Moscow, that the liquidation took place without
any protest, it does not tally with the facts, especially concerning
the violent closures of the Sindi and Elva congregations and
the Siimeon congregation in Tallinn. The liquidation procedure
had as a rule the following course:
The first one to be apprised of the closure was the bishop,
then the cleric of the affected congregation and at last, usually
after the juridical closure of the congregation, the members
of the congregation, whose protest were rejected with the grounding
that the congregation did not exist officially anymore.
the report from the 5th of February 1963 for the CROC, the commissioner
himself divides the possible arguments for the closure into
(1) In the case of the country churches the argument of „natural
decay” or of the „autonomous shut-down of the congregation”;
(2) In the case of the city churches the argument of the „incorporation”
with other congregations or the argument of the „reconstruction”
of the city district was applied;
(3) The put-off for the closure of subordinated churches and
cemetery chapels was the legislation of the USSR from the year
1929, according to which it was forbidden for a congregation
to have more than one church.
2. The Liquidation of 8 Congregations and 1 Chapel and the Violent
Dispossession of the Agusalu Chapel in 1964
the short breathing space in 1963, the closure of orthodox churches
gained new strength in 1964. The backgrounds of this were closely
connected to the accomplishing of the soviet tax policy in the
Estonian Eparchy. This was accompanied by the increase of the
taxes and with the revaluation of the church properties. The
results of those actions were dramatic and impeached the future
of many congregations. For almost half of the congregations
the taxes rose five to ten times and in some congregations the
taxes overdraw the congregation’s whole year income. It did
not take long for the protest to occur. In January 1964 the
commissioner received 50 written complaints and protests from
the congregations of the Estonian Eparchy, with the request
to abolish or to double-check the results of the revaluations.
Even the bishop Aleksius tried to defend the country churches
by sending the commissioner three protest writings. All the
protests came to a standstill as on 28th of January 1964 on
the meeting of the commissioners of the CROC and the employees
of the ministry of finances of the Estonian SSR in Tallinn,
it was decided that the new taxation from the year 1963 was
correct and all congregations had to hold on it. The only compromise
made, was that the date of payment was shifted from the 5th
of February to the 15th of May 1964.
1964 the executive institutions of the orthodox congregations
found themselves hence in a situation, where they had only two
options. To accept the new tax rates and start to find the necessary
amounts of money for the payment of the taxation or due to the
insolvency to forsake the use of the church building. Many congregations
perforce chose the second way. The closure of congregations
like Piirissaare, Surju and Kilingi-Nõmme, where the tax rates
rose five times (for Piirissaare congregation from 13 rubles
to 54 rubles and for Surju congregations from 8 to 41) show
clearly how close the liquidation of the congregations was bound
with the new stiff tax policy.
in the former cases, also here the local executive committee
found quickly new functions for the former church buildings
– they became cinemas, dwelling spaces a. o.
to the forenamed three congregations the same happened to five
further orthodox congregations – Timmo-Tsolgu, Võnnu-Kärsa,
Penuja, Põlva-Kähri, Rannu and – and two chapels – Pulti and
research shows that the liquidation of the congregations in
the Estonian Eparchy in 1954–1964 was a complicated and miscellaneous
process that was directly connected to the changes in the soviet
religion policy. Accordingly to the results of the analysis
one can divide the timescale of the closure of the churches
into two phases. First phase, which could be characterized as
a liberal and natural one, could be delimited with the years
1954–1959. Only exception here are the three months in 1954,
when there was an active attempt and a pressure to close some
orthodox churches, foremost the Sitsi church in Tallinn. The
liquidation of the three churches (Prangli-Maaritsa, Kastolatsi
and Kullamaa-Silla) during the period of the „thaw” in those
years was caused by the demographical decrease of the church
members or by the absence of the permanent cleric and the liturgy.
In general the process of closing the churches in this period
was strikingly peaceful and natural. It is worth of notice,
that to this time the one, who was interested in closure of
some congregations, was the bishop and not the commissioner,
who dealt rather with the questions of reopening the congregations
and chapels (Tiirimetsa, Mõnnuste, Malvaste, Agusalu).
second phase of the liquidation process in 1960–1964, on contrary,
can be characterized as a violent one, where the initiative
laid on the commissioner. The usurping character of the closure
of the congregations during the years of the „frost” revealed
itself gradually. The first signs of the change in this direction
were apparitional already in 1959, when the commissioner forbade
the reopening of the congregations (Tiirimetsa, Mõnnuste) and
subordinated churches (Agusalu, Malvaste) and began, by the
command from Moscow, to decrease the number of the subordinated
churches (Reo-Tsolgu, Abruka). As next, accordingly to the decree
of the Council of Minsters of the USSR from the year 1958, which
dictated the twofold decrease in the number of the monasteries,
the closure and liquidation of the Kuremäe priory was on the
schedule. The „drumfire” of the liquidation found its ending
in 1962–1964, when a total of 18 orthodox churches and 5 subordinated
churches were closed. This is 74 % of all the churches closed
during the decade under discussion.
liquidation of the congregations was carried out accordingly
to a certain scenario. First, pursuant to the decision of the
Council of Ministries of the Estonian SSR and the CROC the congregation
was excluded from the list. Proceeded thereafter by the practical
procedure of the closure. The protest of the church members
was unnoticed and the liquidation was implemented without delay.
In 1962 the focus shifted to the liquidation of the congregations
with a small membership, which were enumerated in a list composed
by Jaan Kanter and affirmed by Moscow.
factors of the closure of the orthodox churches in 1964 lie
in the stiffening of the soviet tax-policy. To advance the mass-closure
of churches, in 1963 the revaluation of the properties of the
Estonian Eparchy was arranged, as a result of which the tax
rates for the insurance and the real-estate increased abrupt.
if in 1954–1959 the churches in the Estonian Eparchy were closed
because of the lacking church membership and on bishop’s initiative,
then since 1960 the process was undertaken in a violent way
in the spirit of the soviet campaign against the religion, accomplished
by a commissioner.
the Estonian Eparchy was not the only one in the USSR, caught
by the closure of the congregations. In 1960-1964 altogether
5457 orthodox congregations were eliminated by the CROC. In
this regard the number of 30 eliminated churches in Estonia
is just a drop of water in the sea.
List of orthodox congregations, closed officially in 1954–1964
Name of the eliminated congregation Officially closed by CROC
1. 1. Kastolatsi 17. July 1957
2. 2. Prangli-Maaritsa43 3. Kullamaa-Silla 4. Abruka 5. Reo-Tsolgu
17. July 195718. January 19589. January 19609. January 1960
6. Kuremäe in Tallinn7. Mustvee Trinity 25. January 19601960
8. Suislepa 10. November 1961
9. Haapsalu Aleksandri 1. February 1962
10. Haanja-Plaani 1. February 1962
11. Kaika 13. February 1962
12. Mäemõisa 24. February 1962
13. Tori 10. may 1962
14. Sindi 16. may 1962
15. Elva 16. may 1962
16. Tänasilma 3. July 1962
17. Lihula 25. July 1962
18. the Aleksandri Church in Tartu 25. July 1962
19. the Church of Holy Spirit in Tartu 25. July 1962
20. Võru-Putli 22. September 1962
21. Lohusuu cemetery 22. September 1962
22. the Siimeon Church in Tallinn 20. December 1962
23. Juuru 15. November 1963
24. Piirissaare 1. April 1964
25. Surju 15. april1964
26. Killingi-Nõmme 15. April 1964
27. Timmo-Tsolgu 15. April 1964
28. Võnnu-Kärsa 10. June 1964
29. Penuja 10. June 1964
30. Põlva-Kähri31. Rannu 11. June 196411. June 1964